Toxicology Risk Assessment (TRA)
Use TRAs to highlight your company’s efforts to create safe and compliant products
Toxicology Risk Assessment (TRA) provides a critical summary of your products compliance with health and safety standards and regulations to ensure global market acceptance.
Why Should You Get a TRA?
Did you know that three out of four consumers in North America believe that certain products can impact their health?
Product manufacturers are working hard to respond to the market demands and consumer pressures for safer products and more transparency. Consumer marketplace demand, as well as the legal requirement to provide safety information to users, has created a need to have a toxicology risk assessment for evaluating product safety.
Consumers are demonstrating their safety concerns about ingredients in their products through their purchasing habits. Interestingly, some companies that have claimed their products are safe without adequate documentation have found themselves in the position to defend product ingredient safety in the public forum of social media. Moreover, product manufacturers are being challenged by consumers for failure to warn about toxic chemicals. TRAs can be used to address these challenges.
UL’s unique approach to TRAs combines our regulatory expertise team and software to create TRAs that comprehensively document our customers’ product compliance and safety efforts.
Toxicology Risk Assessment Includes:
- Checking to see if product contains any banned, prohibited or restricted ingredients
- Determining if product contains any carcinogen, mutagens, teratogens, reproductive toxins, endocrine disruptors, or other problematic chemicals at relevant exposure concentrations
- Determining the inherit safety profile of product ingredients
- Considering any potential misuse of the product
- Determining if the exposures to product will produce any adverse health effects
- Completing a TRA that covers the standards, regulations or guidance documents to ensure your product is in compliance with safety guidance, advice or mandatory requirements
Do You Need a TRA? Contact us about your interest in Regulatory Assurance today for a complimentary 20 minute consultation with one of our global experts.